Speech to Text
Purpose: To help inform people of free alternatives to Dragon Naturally Speaking that they can use on their own personal devices. This documentation will cover both dictation and voice control of a Mac or PC/Laptop, and will be broken into two sections for each use.
Note: As with any speech to text software remember you must speak in a monotone voice, because the computer does not understand human speech patterns and tones.
- On an iOS device just click the microphone icon
in any app and begin dictating.
- On a Macbook or Mac desktop product.
- Click the Apple icon in the top toolbar.
|Apple menu icon|
- Click on System Preferences
- In System Preferences click on Keyboard
- In the tabs section click on Dictation
- Turn Dictation on and select your shortcut key to activate dictation.